At this crisis time, we will continue to provide practical and emotional support for everyone affected by a mental health problem, further expanding our services to support people who may be isolated by Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Expanding our telephone befriending service to enable us to check in regularly with people self-isolating
- Redeploying our office and other staff to support service users where needed throughout the organisation
Online facilitated groups and activities
- Developed a new online hub programme to ensure people who regularly attend Jami hubs can still attend groups online via Zoom
- Providing tablets and virtual technical support to those who are not connected to ensure they can participate
Provision of meals and door-step chats
- Providing regular deliveries of hot meals made by Head Room Café staff
- Delivery of essential provisions and door-step chats to ensure human contact is maintained with the most vulnerable
- Supplying the community with regular information on caring for their own and loved ones’ mental health throughout this crisis.
- Advising organisations and volunteer groups on how to deal with the mental health issues of the vulnerable people they are supporting